Monday, July 30, 2012

The Joy of Riding


The Innkeeper's Special

I learned to ride a motorcycle on the twisting roads that follow the open coastline of the Pacific Northwest.   Following the beaches down to California and making a sharp left turn inland to Napa Valley was my favorite ride hands down or throttles open.  Then I discovered the rural wonderland that is North Dakota.  Riding here is not for the inexperienced as all manner of flying or leaping insects, large wandering beasts, farm equipment and oil trucks can intersect with your days ride.  But for those that persevere, the rewards are endless.  Beautiful ever changing views, long empty stretches of highway and small towns that are warm and welcoming rest stops are but a few.  As a H.O.G. member, I have stayed in some wonderful hotels in my travels, and received unsurpassed service no matter how rough or worn I (or my bike) looked under their lobby canopy.   Although I am always grateful for a welcoming establishment after a long ride, I sometimes feel a little out of place amongst the vacationing families and traveling business class as I am usually the only one clad in leather that is clad in bugs, dust and assorted road debris.  It is for that reason that I offer an invitation, well perhaps two.  First, come and discover the unbelievable country that North Dakota is and rediscover, as I did, the joy of riding whether alone or in a group.  Second, when traveling through Southwest North Dakota, you welcomed to stay with us here in Dodge (once we’re officially opened).  Differing greatly from the chain hotels, we offer a comfortable place where we are as passionate about riding as you are.  And because I have always had great experiences as a member, we even offer a H.O.G. discount as well!  See you on the road.  

No comments:

Post a Comment